Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Plain oatmeal...filling but tastes like cardboard...

So, today was the first day of week 2 for me in the couch potato to 5k program. I was pretty nervous because my body is pretty sore from the running (but also the water skiing from the other day) and the last run I did seemed harder so I was worried about increased running. However, I found the increased running to be easier than week 1! I think it is because there are less sets of running and walking and so it seems to go by quicker. This time, however, I did not get quite the distance that I did during week 1 because my running pace for a longer time is slower, but I am sure I can work back up to it.

Okay, so the plain organic oatmeal I had this morning (per Justin's request) was very filling...I am still not hungry and I ate it 3 and 1/2 hours ago however it tasted AWFUL! Like cardboard! I tried putting a good amount of Cinnamon in it but that seemed to do nothing. Any suggestions as to things that I can put into the oatmeal that won't make it unhealthy is greatly appreciated!

Anyways, my body is starting to feel better and get used to the running (somewhat) and I am trying to make better overall choices in my nutrition. But every once in a while I am going to indulge a little bit, because if I don't I will not last long term. Plus, you only live once, live a little :). Since coming home from NYC (last Friday) I am down about 4 lbs so that isn't too bad.

Tomorrow I am taking the day off from running but instead I get to go to the dentist for the first time in over 3 years...talk about a different kind of nervous! I will check in later :)

2 comments:

  1. I love doing honey.. Try clover honey.. Its the better of the honeys out there and you don't need alot. I also love doing almond milk- you can do plain or vanilla- I like the Vanilla and some raisins. Those two things help add some yum to my oatmeal:)

    P.S I know how you feel about the dentist thing. Might be the same amount of time for me as well. I def need to get on that:(

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete