Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Getting back on track...and VERY thankful for shade!

So I just got back from a WONDERFUL weekend at Bethany Beach with Caitie! I indulged a bit more than I should have there (cheesesteak, goat cheese pizza, ice cream....you know vacation beach food. So now that I am home I am getting myself back on track! I will admit it took all the will power I could muster up to go on my run this morning, which was silly because once I got myself out the door it wasn't too bad. I am also SUPER grateful for the shade that my neighborhood provides for my run. While at the beach, I had planned to run. I brought running clothes, shoes and my iPhone armband. What I didn't count on was the fact that while at the beach the weather became UNBEARABLLY HOT to the point that the weather reports said to not do excercize outside...so I didn't go. The beach also had almost NO shade to run in so I have learned to love having a lot of shade to run in at home.

Today for lunch i made a VERY yummy recipe off on the skinnytaste.com Website. It was baked chicken with dijon and lime YUM!! this recipe was great because I had almost all of the ingredients on hand and the chicken had a TON of flavor. I highly recommend this recipe, go to the site and check it out!

Also, I found a way to make oatmeal much better without adding lot of calories or sugar!!! I added apple butter and it was MUCH better. This apple butter has no sugar or fat and only 10 calories per serving! Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment