Saturday, July 16, 2011

I'm back from New Haven and New York...and now getting back to my work out!

Okay, so after a very fun week of traveling all over New Haven and NYC I am finally home. It's so good to be at your own house and sleeping in your own bed :). So, while on the trip I tried my best to eat as healthy as possible (which can be very difficult when away and eating out all the time) but I did pretty well. I ordered salads, brown rice, whole wheat pizza dough, whole wheat bagels, whole wheat buns for my small burger and even made sure to have a fruit to take to the beach with Caitie (grapes!). In addition to these choices, I also walked A LOT. So I did atleast get some excercize while away even if it wasn't my couch potatoe to 5K program.

Now, I was good most of my trip and then the last day before coming home Nick and I went to see Harry Potter at the Uptown in DC. I did well when we ate lunch at Chipotle (Veggie burriot BOWL no tortilla) no sour cream and lots of veggies! But then the theater was my downfall....lots of popcorn and even Peanut M&Ms (and a few beer while waiting for the show). Then we went out to dinner at Alero which besides the Margaritas I ordered a Spinach quasadilla. I was FULL when we left. So....

This morning when I woke up I got my work out clothes on and I got back to my couch potatoe program. I have decided that since I took a week long break from it I would add one more day of the first weeks work out before advancing to the next weeks work out.

This morning we also went to the grocery store and so now we have lots of food to cook and fresh produe YAY! I made a low-calorie pizza on Flat out bread (whole pizza under 300 calories!) and I had some watermellon. I also just got a crock pot from my Mom so I already have dinner cooking! It's going to be Fiesta Chicken! Totally calorie count for dinner will be about 400. Pretty good and lots of veggies and beans in this one.

Anyways, I am back on track and feeling good about my motivation and my ability to suceed. Enjoying trying out new recipes (espceially ones for my new crock pot!) If anyone has any good ones let me know! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment